Videos have not only become an important part of our personal lives but are also a valuable tool for your business promotion. The power of video is growing every day and companies that do not use video are missing a big opportunity to engage with their target audience. The way consumers interact with brands nowadays is changing and video is leading the way. This gives companies and brands an opportunity to spread the word about their services and products through videos. Video is more engaging, more memorable and drives more traffic. If you haven’t used video for your business yet, now is the time to start building. Need more convincing?
Did you know that:
- Nowadays, 80% of global internet consumption is video content.
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Video in email leads to a 200 – 300% increase in click-through rates.
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%.
- 40% of users take action after viewing a video ad.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
We all love binge-watching video because our brains processes video 60,000 times faster than any text. And yet, video is still heavily underrated on it’s ability to convert leads. To put it simply; as a company, you can either get on board or be left behind. Video puts your brand in the ‘now’ and helps with your organic reach. It is a great way to build a relationship and engage with your target audience. It also has a direct impact on purchasing behavior, as data shows people love to watch a video about a product rather than read about it. And additionally, with the ability of mobile phones to allow videos to be available all the time, many shoppers turn to video content for research and product reviews. Besides informing, video is also an excellent format for educating. It’s really effective when used for product demonstrations or tutorials, as viewers can actually see how certain things work or learn a new skill. Another important and often overlooked fact is that search engines love video. The biggest search engine companies put a priority on video content when perfecting the algorithms that present certain links higher on the rankings page. Sharing videos via social media, posting them on blogs and embedding them on your website increases the chances that your target audience will find you when searching for relevant information.
Here’s a list of some neat tricks you can use in your video to convert leads:
- Use stopping power. Make sure your video is interesting from the get-go. The value of your video content is established within the first 3 seconds and increases with duration: 65% of people that watch the first 3 seconds of your video will watch it for at least 10 seconds. 45% will watch a video for 30 seconds.
- Don’t make your video’s too long. Data compiled by HubSpot suggests 30 seconds might be an ideal time frame, as Instagram videos that received the most comments typically averaged about 26 seconds in length. It is best to keep the output channels in mind when you are working on a video.
- Make sure you use available data to list and score leads. Knowledge is power. Don’t let potential buyers or users slip away because you don’t know enough about them.
- Create a thumbnail with a smiling face. People tend to choose a smile over any other facial expression.
- Insert a lead capture form in the first 10-20% of your video. You might think this is impossible or simply an overkill, but Wistia created a clever tool that actually works great. They did an analysis of over 15,000 videos with turnstiles, and found that turnstiles placed in the first 10-20% of the video have the highest conversion rates, ranging roughly from 38 – 43%! Pretty impressive.
If all this information still didn’t motivate you to get on board, here’s one more reason to start now: Your competitors are using video and gaining attention of your potential customers. This should do the trick. At TILT we try to keep up with the latest available data to make sure that we come up with the right strategy for your video. Let’s talk video, we know all about it. Reach out to us at email@example.com.